Monday, September 29, 2008

Phoenix Zoo

On Saturday it was a free day at the Phoenix Zoo so we packed up and went bright and early to try and beat the crowds and the heat. Who can pass up a free day at the zoo?! So we were successful in beating the crowds, it really wasn't crowded at all...but the heat got to be pretty bad near the middle of the day but it was still a fun time! Can I just say that I have loved being a mom from the very start, but it seriously just keeps getting better and better?! I didn't even think that was possible! It is so fun to have Logan starting to react so much to things and get so excited over stuff. I didn't know how much he would respond to the animals at the zoo, but he was nothing short of FASCINATED!! Every time we went to a different animal he immediately found the animal wherever it was in the cage and then pointed at it and just stared. He was always sad when we left one animal to go to another. Here he is pointing to the bear on the rocks (he looked down right as I took the picture):














He was perfectly content just hanging out in his little hat...so cute!

















Jared and Logan in front of the elephant:













Logan and the baboon were instant friends:

































We took this photo because Jared and I have one in this exact spot when we first started dating so we thought it would be fun to compare what a difference 4 years makes, but of course now I can't find the original picture we took when we were dating...oh well:

5 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Love it! My boys love the zoo too, and it never gets old! Andrew is soooo excited every time we go! So glad you got to take him, nothing beats free entertainment!!!

Emily said...

So cute! I love the zoo and can't wait for Clara to also!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

What a fun family day! I can't wait for Sage to be old enough to enjoy stuff like that!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

That sounds like such a fun day!! I totally agree that it just gets better ever day. Its so fun to see their personalities come out.

Becky Rogers said...

Free day at the zoo? How did you find out? Now that it is cooling down a TAD that would be fun.