Friday, September 19, 2008

Out of town visitor!

Last weekend one of my good friends Melissa flew out to stay for a few days. Melissa was one of my roommates in college and afterwards moved out to Arizona a few months after I did and was my roommate there too, but ended up moving back to Kentucky a few months later:) But she is so good about visiting and we always have a great time! Logan and her were instant buddies too. Logan had a great time "flirting" with her and playing games! Here's a rundown of the weekend:
First, we woke up Saturday morning bright and early to go hiking before the weather got too hot, but unfortunately after a string of unfortunate events, we ended up hiking pretty close to the middle of the day, but we survived - it really wasn't that bad.

























Due to the delays in our schedule, we ended up hiking right in what should have been Logan's morning nap. He was pretty good for the first half but by the time we reached our destination, he was one unhappy hiker!! His crying literally echoed thru the canyon and I'm sure were disrupting the peace that all the other hikers had been longing for so needless to say, we pretty much arrived at our destination and immediately turned around to head back to the car as quickly as possible! We didn't make it more than 5 minutes on the way back before he passed out in daddy's arms. Poor Jared carried him the WHOLE way back. I felt really bad for him...Logan is NOT a light load anymore!













That night we went to the Dbacks game vs. Cincinatti Reds. The Reds ended up winning and I have to admit, sorry Dbacks fans, that I wasn't really that disappointed. The Reds are kind of like my "home team" since it's the closest one to Louisville (I think). But in all honesty, I don't even understand all the rules of baseball and really just go more to people watch and talk to whoever I'm with more than anything else.














After the game, Jessica Simpson performed a free concert. It was pretty cool to just be able to stay and see her for free although I am not like this avid Jessica Simpson fan. She sounded pretty good, but by the time the game was over and she came out it was late, we were tired, and we still had to pick up Logan at Grandma and Grandpa's so we didn't stay for the whole thing. Evidently the rest of the crowd was in the same boat because people were leaving in huge masses during the middle of her concert. I kinda felt bad for her. Can you imagine singing your heart out to a crowd of people and they all just get out of their seats and leave? I mean, that would be terrible! But anyways...









We also went and got reflexology masssages. At this place you don't have to get undressed for your massage and the chairs are all in just one big room (sounds weird but it's not bad). It's actually still pretty relaxing. The one fun thing is that if you go get massages together you can be in the same room, but it's not like you talk or anything. BUT it was very hard to relax at some points because things kept striking me as so funny. Melissa's masseuse had some interesting techniques and seriously it sounded like she was getting slapped around and beat up, whereas mine was very gentle. A couple of times I looked over and he had her body stretched and contorted in some interesting positions too. It was SO SO hard not to laugh at the time but made for some serious laughter in the car on the way home! We had lunch with one of our old Arizona roommates too but of course, my camera battery died when it came time to take a picture.
We also did a lot of shopping and got some great deals! Melissa has always been a great shopping partner. Back in the day we used to just fill our days with laying by the pool and shopping non-stop. Gee, life sure has changed a bit! :)
All in all it was a wonderful visit and I'm so glad she came! Thanks for flying all the way from Kentucky and staying for a few days Melissa!!

6 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Looks like tons of fun... I will have to bring the boys out there sometime... boy would you be in for a treat! They could teach Logan some great things-- like how to jump off furniture or throw balls at breakable items! So glad you had a fun time together, we sure do have a great group of friends. Love you!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun! Glad your friend could come visit! :) Miss you!

AnaleeCuller said...

how funny I was there! was there with my work but left before the j simpson concert. had to get back to nate. melissa looks great! glad you 2 had fun!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

So what kind of delays happened on your hike??? ha ha!!!!!!

Emily said...

Such a fun visit. I am envious of your baseball game. I have been converted to baseball (Yankees fan specifically) ever since I married Mike. I love going to games now--ballparks are so fun! I could also imagine all the possible things to laugh at watching someone else get massaged. I also love the new background you have and your family pic. is so cute!

Katie Peterson said...

What a good friend! You guys are troopers to go hiking, poor Jared having to hold Logan!! That is too funny about the massage place, I bet your massuese was thinking what is she laughing at?