Monday, February 21, 2011

Dentist

Logan had his first trip to the dentist this morning! Before I made the appointment I asked him if he wanted to go to a girl dentist or a boy dentist and he said "girl". So funny. He was soooo excited about it and was so excited for the dentist to count his teeth so he knew how many he had (FYI - he had 20!). I was nervous that he would be afraid once we got there or get tired of holding his mouth open, but he did awesome! He was loving every second of it. We went to a pediatric dentist so it was great because they were sure equipped to keep kids happy! There was a TV in the ceiling showing "Toy Story" for him to watch while he was laying in his chair, but he was too interested in what the dentist was doing to watch it. She gave him a mirror so he could watch. She also gave him Thomas the Train sunglasses to wear so that the bright light shining in his mouth wouldn't bother him. He got to keep his sunglasses and he also got a t-shirt, tattoo, sticker, Spongebob toothpaste, and a Toy Story toothbrush. He thought it was the best thing ever. When we left he said "I was so brave. I'm a big boy now." Yup, my little guy IS getting big! Then when we got in the car he said "Okay tomorrow I want to go to a boy dentist". I had to explain that we don't have to go back for a while. He was so disappointed that we don't get to go to the dentist every day!

Savannah was completely fascinated. She sat at the bottom of the table and watched every detail.


Here is the big boy watching in his mirror with his cool sunglasses on:)


By the way, the dentist said his teeth looked great! No cavities or any problems!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm going to show Jaxon this and tell him about it because I have been trying to gear him up to go and he's a little nervous!That's so cute and they gave him so much stuff- I never remember getting that much! They really know how to make it a good experience for them. And how cute was Savannah watching!

Amy said...

So cute DEb! You are doing such a good job of documenting. I have got to start blogging again! The kids are getting so big! I can't wait to see them both. I will help my parents get on your blog so they can keep up with you. They haven't quite figured all this out yet....but my dad did get skype set up! xoxo

Tiffany said...

Wow! He's so brave!!! Most kids hate the dentist, thats hilarious that he wants to go back everyday! :)

emilydeardeuff said...

That is really impressive! Check that childhood accomplishment off the list!