Saturday, February 12, 2011

Latest Happenings

17 days ago when we woke up I noticed the kids both had coughs. I didn't think much of it. Throughout the week it turned into a cold with runny noses and grouchy kids which very much stinks but you get through it. Well 5 days into it Savannah was clinging onto me and would not let go and was screaming nonstop for hours. So I took her the doctor and turns out she has RSV and a bad ear infection. Oops...sorry for thinking you were being dramatic Savannah, I bet that really did hurt! So we start all of the medicine, while meanwhile I come down with a terrible cold. Logan starts complaining of his tummy hurting and won't eat. We quarantine ourselves in the house for yet another week because everyone is still sick. The kids finally seem to be better one day, but I'm still sick with a terrible cold and my wonderful sister surprises me and comes over and takes both kids so I can rest all day. It was awesome. I wake up the next morning feeling better thinking we finally made it through this, yet when Savannah wakes up she starts throwing up and it doesn't stop for 4 days. In the middle of all of that, the rest of us all come down with stomach flu too. So here we are SEVENTEEN days later and finally we just might be getting better. Not 100% by any means, but I'll take it! I really can't remember ever being sick with sick kids that long. I usually complain about a week of sickness. This just about put me over the edge.
In other news, Savannah drew this lovely artwork on the side of the cabinets. Thank heavens for Magic Eraser:



Logan wrote his name all by himself for the first time. Not perfect, but I thought pretty darn good for a 3 year old on his first try!


Savannah refuses to keep her pants and diaper on lately. I just don't know what to do about it. Although, she has started going to the bathroom on the potty all by herself. One day she just took her pants off, went to the bathroom, pointed at the toilet, and when I put her on there she went! Just like that! But I still don't trust her enough to go around without a diaper all of the time. I went to the grocery one day and left the kids with Jared. When I came home, this seemed to be his solution to the problem (yes, she is getting more teeth as you can tell by the big drool mark on her shirt):

But like I said, nothing works...she always gets them off!

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

that is hilarious!!! The Savannah part, not the sick part. She is so so cute. I'm glad you all are starting to feel better. Miss you.

Tiffany said...

ha ha, the onesie snapped over top of her jeans is hilarious!
And Logan's name?? Awesome! Thats seriously better than some of my 5 year old kindergarteners used to be able to write their name!
Sorry to hear you were all so sick for so long...that is the WORST! Hope you guys are feeling lots better... Miss ya! xoxo

Aleia said...

oh my goodness...glad you guys are starting to feel better!