Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun at the park

The weather this last week has actually been pretty pleasant considering that it is June in Arizona. In the evenings it has been nice to go outside and so on Friday night we decided to take Logan to the park down the street and fly a kite. Jared had taken him once before and said he loved it so I didn't want to miss out this time. Boy oh boy Logan did love it. I just sat back (for the most part) and watched Jared and Logan play together having such a great time as I felt our little girl kicking me like crazy and the nice breeze blowing by. It was really one of those moments where I sat back and thought "ah, life is good."

For the most part, Logan did pretty good holding onto the kite. There was an instance though where he let it go and Jared was far away so me and my almost 9 month pregnant body had to chase after it, more like sprint after it. I don't know what to say other than it wasn't pretty. I was sure I might have the baby right there in the park and for anyone watching (thank heavens I think we were alone) it had to be painful to watch. So needless to say as you will notice in the next picture (look at the red thing attached to his left foot), Jared tied the handle onto Logan's shoe so that he couldn't drop it and there would be no more chasing. Brilliant!! It worked like a charm.

































As far as everything else goes, we are doing great. Logan is just learning like crazy and does and says new things constantly. It's so amazing to see! He is really talking pretty good if he's in the mood. He won't do it around a lot of people or on cue most of the time but at home he talks like a champ. He absolutely adores anything that has water so swimming, sprinklers in the yard, baths, even two cups with water ("watee" as he says it) that he can pour back and forth are all by far his favorite things to do. He's starting to eat much better, he has never been a great solid food eater but I think he is improving which makes me very happy! I wish I could remember all the funny things he says and does but they've slipped my mind. Guess I will have to start blogging more often since this is the only record I'm keeping of things lately.
As for me, well I'm feeling very pregnant and have within the last three days hit the point where I'm not scared of labor, in fact, bring it on...whatever it takes to not be pregnant. I think the baby has dropped and I've had so much back pain mixed with so many uncomfortable things that I am thinking wait "five more weeks of this!?". BUT I have to remind myself that there are a lot of women who have it SO much worse so I feel bad complaining. I think I was just so spoiled with my first pregnancy that this has really taken me by surprise. Oh well, in the long run, five weeks is nothing and of course, it's all TOTALLY worth it to have this beautiful baby girl join our family. We are so excited!

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Isn't this weather the best? Although it's June, not July. I wish it were July. Then we'd both be a little closer to having these babies. I know how you feel. 1st preg...piece of cake. 2nd? Ouch. It all hurts.

Debbie said...

Yeah Marianne, once Jared saw my post he pointed out to me that I wrote that it was July so I changed it to June. I think it was just subconscious wishful thinking!

Tiffany said...

I can't wait for your little girl to get here either! I'm so excited for you guys!!! You better post lots of pics and keep your blog updated all the time since I won't be there to see her in person :( I miss you girls already! Hope the next 5 weeks go smoothly and fly by for you! :)