My family had a weekend getaway planned to Nashville to celebrate my parent's anniversary. They do this every year except Jared and I are never able to make it since we are so far away. Well this year my siblings thought that they would all pitch in and fly us out there as a gift to my parents for their anniversary. So at the last minute we headed off to Nashville and then back to Louisville for a few days. It was SUCH a great trip...I am so glad that we were able to go. I actually flew into St. Louis and spend a few days with my brother and his wife and then we drove down to Nashville to surprise my parents. I don't think I have ever seen my parents surprised about anything, at least that I can remember and boy were they surprised! It was so fun to see them so surprised and happy to see us! Needless to say they loved their anniversary "gift"! Logan had a hard time with the time difference and the chaos of a trip where there is no set schedule or nap time. He was a little grouchier than normal and was unusually clingy to me. He seriously would not let anyone else hold him. It made me sad because I wanted my family to be able to spend time with him. He warmed up a LITTLE by the time we left at least. This first picture is Jared and Logan at a plantation we went to in Nashville. It was so beautiful and amazing to learn about the history that happened there.

Of course we had to take time out and watch the Kentucky Derby that went on while we were in Nashville. My parents rented out the presidential suite and so it was so nice that all the kids had our own rooms and there was plenty of space! Thanks Mom and Dad...it was terrific! This is all of us back at our place watching the horses walk out to the gates! It was a great race, but had a terrible ending! If you didn't watch it one of the horses, the only filly, came in second place which is amazing in the Kentucky Derby but as she was cooling down after the race she collapsed and broke both of her front legs. They had to euthanize her right there on the track. I was devastated. I am not even exaggerating when I say I was traumatized for at least a few hours after the race. I'm a softie for animals:)

This is me and Logan with my parents at the Opryland Hotel. That place is absolutely amazing. We didn't really get any pictures that capture how beautiful it really is but it is definitely worth seeing! It has these indoor waterfalls and gardens that are so huge it would take HOURS to go through them all!

I was able to visit with some of my friends while I was home and it was so great to see them! These have been my very best of friends all the way since elementary school and we all even went to college together! This is all of us with our little ones.
6 comments:
Hi Jared! This is Tafi from back in the HIGHLAND HIGH days. Came across your blog from Aleia and Ronnie's. You have a gorgeous little family. And hey, we missed you at the reunion. Hope all is well with ya!
Tafi
What a fun trip! And what an awesome surprise for your parents! I am jealous you guys went to the Kentucky Derby! I have always wanted to go! :) Someday...
Fun trip! I love Nashville and KY. I was sad for awhile after watching the derby as well. I couldn't believe it. I was thinking of you.
Yes, the horse falling was SO sad! Poor thing. It is so pretty out there!
What a great trip. I have wanted to try the Opryland Hotel - you'll have to tell us about it. Great pictures! You are right about the derby. The horse being put down was WAY sadder than being happy that the one won. It is still the talk out here - PTEA camped out and all. PLEASE, like those horses aren't treated better than 90% of the population. They would have never done it had it not been in the filly's best interest. Anyhow - there is my soapbox. I love you guys and am glad you had such a great time. xoxo-Amy
it was so fun to see kelly and sarah and their cute kids! who was the other girl, i didn't recognize her? i'm so glad you got to go HOME. isn't it the most wonderful place? i love seeing the pictures and hearing about the fun things you did. and your parents don't look a day older than when i was 7! they're so cute. love you
annie
Post a Comment