Friday, March 9, 2012

Snowman and Princess

It has been such a mild winter here. Much warmer than usual all winter and we have not gotten any snow all winter until just this past week. We woke up one morning and were shocked to see the ground completely covered in snow. As much as I don't like really cold weather, it was worth it to see how excited the kids were to finally have some snow to play in and I must admit that it was beautiful. I didn't take any pictures of the scenery but I saw this picture posted somewhere of the state capitol that morning and it captures perfectly how truly beautiful it was that morning.

The best part was that the next day it was sunny and 60 and so the snow melted away but the kids got to play in it one last time before it was gone and it wasn't so cold. I let the kids go play in the back and mostly watched them from inside (I'm a wimp in the cold) and Logan went to work outside building a snowman. He worked so hard and was so focused, it was so cute. Then he knocked on the back door and said "Mom, can I have a carrot and some buttons?" I was dying over how cute it was and seriously how does he know how to make a snowman so good all by himself? This was his end result and he is proud as can be (as he should be!!) You can tell the snow is almost gone so it's all muddy and yucky and not pretty but the kids don't care:

In other news, Savannah got a ton of tutu's for Christmas and loves to put them over her clothes. We have made appearances in public with the tutu on over the clothes because it makes her happy and I figure I need to pick my battles and this isn't one of them. Plus she does look pretty cute:) and I am just grateful she's dressed. This day she got herself completely dressed all by herself and this is what she picked out and as you can tell, she loves it!

Savannah has hit the point where she still really needs a nap during the day but if she takes one she stays up forever at night. So some days she gets a nap and some days if I really need her in bed early then we will skip the nap. But on those days she is SOOOO tired by the end of the day it is ridiculous. So every once in a while I will just realize that it's been quiet for a while and find her asleep. It's usually on the couch but this time it was on the floor. I was sitting in the chair on the computer and she just came and laid on the floor next to me and was asleep in two seconds. I can't believe she can sleep with her hand in such a strange position. For some reason I just think it's the cutest thing ever when kids fall asleep in weird places.

No comments: