Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Good thing I'm blogging since our lives are so hard to keep up with otherwise! Well, we are back in Kentucky! Sheesh, I know. I am pretty sure we are in KY to stay for a while though so no more changes anytime soon. Hopefully...
We moved back at the end of August and I was lucky enough to have enough time to get Logan enrolled in a preschool at the last minute. The preschool at the end of our street just happened to have one opening left. I went and toured the classrooms and met the teacher and fell in love with it. He goes three days a week from 9-12. The first day of dropping him off and driving away was weird. I think I was too anxious about the whole thing, how he was going to do in class, how would he be away from me, etc. to really feel sad. But once I got home it was definitely weird to not have him there. I honestly can only think of a few times since he has been born (maybe not even a few times) that I have been home and he hasn't been there. It was so strange and the house felt so empty! But before I knew it, it was time to pick him up. When I pulled up to pick him up and saw him walk towards the car holding his teacher's hand, I thought my heart would explode! He looked so adorable and yes, after just three hours, I was SO excited to see my little boy! And he was beaming. He thinks he is just so big and so cool that he goes to school. He loves it and has done so well. I love to hear all of the stuff that he is learning about and love to hear him talk about his friends. I really can't believe he is old enough to go to preschool already. Ugh, he is going to be leaving for real school before I know it.
Classic first day of school picture. I think the thing he was most excited about was getting to take a backpack!

No comments: