Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's a miracle!

So first of all, thanks to all the people who gave me such wonderful advice about our sleeping issues. The advice was all the same so I couldn't really ignore it. I decided to confront the issue head on and let the little guy cry it out. Well the first attempt was a 45 minute screaming session but he did eventually fall asleep. It was complete torture for the both of us. I had to keep giving myself pep talks to avoid going in and rescuing him. But I did it and sure enough he fell asleep. Fortunately that was all it took. Seriously he just cried ONE TIME and ever since then he usually lays there without a peep until he falls asleep. There have been the occasional 2 minutes of crying but nothing bad. So it seems that we have done it and we will all be getting a lot more sleep and there won't be such a battle putting him to sleep. Jared and I both can not even get over how nice it has been. What a change! Thanks again for all the advice!
Well we finally got another camera and so I have taken some pictures but not very many are worth posting. I'm still getting used to the camera and plus Logan has suddenly gotten a lot more wiggly since my last attempt at taking a photo and I swear I can't get a good picture. It's usually like half his head or he's turned around or something. Anyways, here are a few:
I had to put this one on there because it's the only picture I really have that shows all of his teeth!! He's gotten quite a few!! Ignore the fact that he is the messiest eater ever and is covered in zucchini, sweet potatoes and green beans:) He doesn't seem to mind as much as I do!
















This is just to show how good at standing up he's getting. He's crawling like a maniac and then pulls up on things and walks around as long as he's holding on to something. We're dogsitting for Jared's parents so we have two dogs to take care of right now. It's been a zoo. But anyways Logan likes to crawl over and play with the dogs through the glass. He LOVES dogs!






















I just thought I would throw this in to show how big he's getting:) Right after I took this picture he attacked me and the camera...you can tell by the look in his eye he's already got the idea in his mind!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That bottom picture of him is so cute!!! He looks like such a big boy! We need to get together soon! Happy Father's Day to Jared! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay he is sleeping! We did that for Jaxon when he was 3 months old and he has not had any problems since (minus ear infections). It was a rough night but has been SO worth it! I am glad he caught on! He is getting so big!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm so glad he is sleeping now!! Yipee for all three of you! He is so dang cute.

Amber Larsen said...

YEA!! that is the best when you finally get to sleep! he is so cute and getting so big!