Sunday, February 17, 2008

sleep deprived

Well we have always been so happy that Logan started sleeping through the night (a full 12 hours) at 4 months old and was always easy to put down for naps. Well ever since we got back from Kentucky, he hasn't been sleeping through the night (nothing TOO bad though we were just spoiled before). I don't know if the time difference messed him up or what. Anyways, it wasn't too bad until just this past week he has been having so much trouble sleeping both at night and during the day. He also happens to be getting his first tooth so that probably has something to do with it. Maybe it just hurts and so he can't sleep very good, I don't know. Anyways, today he was so tired but would NOT take a nap. He was seriously so tired but would just lay and play and not sleep. Anyways, I decided to put him in the bouncer that hangs in the door (are those called Johnny Jump up's or something like that?). A few minutes later I realize he's been really quiet and this is what I find...

He was SOUND ASLEEP! I just about died!! How sad that he got THAT tired:)!















So guess who got Logan ready this day??? Jared brought him in from getting him ready with a Mohawk and was so proud:) Obviously this isn't going to be his normal hairstyle but it actually was cute for a little while:)



















So Logan just loves Bosco. If Bosco is in the room, Logan is staring at him. Yesterday Logan was bouncing in yet another bouncer that we have (man these things are great!) and I looked and it was like him and Bosco were having a staring contest, just totally checking each other out.



















So he's finally getting better at eating solid foods and most of the time he LOVES them. It's still pretty messy, but he does pretty good. By the way, we got a "space saver" high chair and it is great! It doesn't take up as much room you just sit it on a chair at your table. It was a Christmas gift from Jared's sister Amy...thanks Amy!!!

7 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

He is so cute Debbie! The sleeping probably is the teeth-- both of mine went through that. He will sleep again. They go through these little phases every now and then. I love the picture with the dog...so cute!

Tiffany said...

I love the mohawk hairstyle!! I think you should let Jared do it everyday! : ) ha ha

Aleia said...

that was a fun update!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Aw, I love him asleep in the chair!! Too cute. So should we forget about buying a regular high chair, and just stick w/ the kind that fit on a chair?

Amber Larsen said...

he looks so cute and he's so big! you're lucky he was sleeping through the night; vacations always throw them off schedule it's a total bummer. poor little guy asleep in the bouncer- that's too cute

Becky Rogers said...

That mowhaw style is so cute. Isn't it just a blast when they DON'T want to nap? (sarcasm)

AnaleeCuller said...

he is getting soooo big! I need to see you again soon!