Thursday, August 4, 2011

4th of July weekend

We spent the weekend with Jared's sister, Amy, in Lexington for 4th of July. It was so much fun! On Saturday we drove to Natural Bridge and it was SO gorgeous. We hiked for a little while and then stopped and had a picnic. Then walked across the swinging bridge and headed back to the car right after making a brief visit down to the river bank and letting the kids get in and play around. It was actually pretty quick for what I envisioned of a day of hiking but with kids in tow (and most of the time I was carrying Savannah) it was just the right amount of time!! I did find myself thinking all too often about ticks, poison ivy, and yes...even bear. Are you kidding me? I was so frustrated with myself. Have I turned into a complete city girl or what? Oh wait, maybe it just happened when I became a mother because seriously ever since I had kids I am obsessed with making sure they are protected from EVERYTHING. I have GOT to learn to calm down a little bit about it:) Anyways, here are some of us on the swinging bridge.

Seriously best friends:


On 4th of July we went to one of Amy's friend's house and pretty much had the best 4th of July ever. Lots of yummy snacks. Unlimited root beer (which I am sure Logan had more than his fair share of), water guns, and seriously cool fireworks. The kids were in complete heaven. Logan talked about it for days afterwards. The next day I heard "Hey Mom, do you remember that party we went to? That was really fun. I wanna do that again" about 14 times.
Me and Savannah had fun trying to take a picture of ourselves. Close up of me = not a good idea, but worth it to get these shots of Savannah that kill me with cuteness!!


This is a great photo only because it has ALL 4 of us in it. I can probably count on my hands the number of pictures we have with our whole family in it. Very sad. I have about 10,000 of the kids but just not everyone. Too bad the kids are looking in opposite directions. I'm 100% sure that if we ever had a picture of all 4 of us with everyone looking at the camera and smiling I would feel the need to blow it up to at least poster size and frame it on the wall:)


And of course the kids loved the 4th of July must-haves: sparklers and watermelon!

3 comments:

emilydeardeuff said...

Looks like a great way to celebrate the 4th!!! I am total paranoid mother too--I don't think it is a bad thing (for the most part) (:

Tiffany said...

Hey its ok, being a mom has turned me into a total paranoid wuss too :) I think it happens to every mother. Sounds like an awesome 4th of July!! Miss you guys!

annie said...

Debbie!!! Happy birthday you old lady!! I texted you but not sure if you text...anyway, i just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday and let you know how grateful i am to have you as my friend. Sure love ya, annie