Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It's been so long since I posted that I have been putting it off just for the fact that I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. But I guess I have to post at some point and the longer I wait the worse it will be so here it goes! Well for those of you who didn't know, we moved back to Kentucky! Yup, it was a totally sudden last minute decision but we felt good about it and so off we went! We got notice at the beginning of August that Jared would be losing his job at the end of August so we thought if we were going to have to find a new job why not go where we want to be and THEN find the job. Our idea was that we would fly out to KY and see if Jared could find a job and if he could, then it would seal the deal and we would make it official and go back and get all of our stuff in Arizona (by the way, he has already found a job so it's official, we're staying!). So at the beginning of September we moved back to Kentucky and have been living with my parents until things get settled. We still have our house in Arizona and all of our belongings are packed in boxes ready to go. We just flew out here with our necessities. The transition for me has been a weird one. There are so many things that I LOVE about being here, I know it is right, and I am so glad I am here but man, I do miss Arizona. Well I miss the people in Arizona and I miss my house and having my own routine and way of doing things. But seriously, most of the time those feelings are totally overshadowed by how great I sure do think it is here. I love being around my family (it has been so cute seeing Logan get to know his cousins here and boy does he love them!), the weather, the scenery, the slower way of life, well...just about everything! Not to mention that my parents have been SO incredibly wonderful. I'm getting really spoiled always having extra people around to help with the kids when I need it. It's great. I just miss having my old routine. You know how it is when you are a mom and you just have your routine and way of doing things. Well, I guess slowly but surely we're developing a new one but I think that has been the hardest part. Anyways, I think I'm the only one that had any difficulty at all in the transition. Jared and Logan think this is just heaven on earth and well, Savannah just doesn't really care;) Logan has had so much fun since the day he got here. Having my parents huge yard with endless toys and things to do sure beats our little tiny yard in AZ surrounded by concrete walls!!
Here Logan is on our first day checking out his new playground. Seriously he was so excited.


Wagon rides with Grandpa are the best!



Jared and Logan have made it almost a nightly ritual to get in the hot tub. Logan thinks it's a kiddie pool made just for him!



He could drive this thing around for hours!


So when we got home from church the other day I decided to try to catch a family photo while we were all dressed up. Who knew it would be so hard to catch a good photo. I was happy with the best photo we got only because the rest of the photos looked like some variation of this photo: Logan was grouchy and wouldn't cooperate besides the fact this it looks like he's strangling Jared.


See now this isn't that great of a picture but boy doesn't it look great after the other one??


These two just melt my heart every day. Logan is acting so grown up lately. He's saying so many words and even has started to use the potty (not all the time though, we still use a diaper to avoid serious accidents). He's just down right holarious - makes us laugh every day. Savannah is getting so big too, I can't believe it. She is rolling around all over the place and LOVES to talk talk talk. She just stares at you so intently and talks like crazy. Sure wish I knew what she was saying, but I'm sure it's something really good:)

Oh, I adore this little girl...

5 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

DEBBIE!!!! Fiiiinnnnnaaaallllyyyy! I was getting ready to call and yell at you. For reals. I miss you!!! When are you guys coming back to visit Jared's folks? We have to get together for sure. I can't believe how big Savannah is! Goes way too fast. That green scenery makes me a little jealous. I bet Logan is in hog heaven! And I totally understand what you're saying about your routing. That would be the worst part for me, too. Good luck with everything and keep posting for us!

AnaleeCuller said...

oh i am sooo glad you posted! you have always been on my mind for 2 reasons, way jealous your in kentucky! especially this time of year! and also cuz i miss you and hope your transition there has been ok! so glad he found a job, doing what? your sweet baby girl is gorgeous!!! good luck with things and keep us updated! sure love ya

Emily said...

Holy Cow! That is big news! How fun that you get to move back! I am so happy Jared found a job and that it worked out! I think your family picture turned out cute!

Jason and Kate said...

I miss you! I'm so glad you posted so I could hear all the happenings out in KY. Glad that Jared found a job and that you are loving it. BTW...I might be coming to KY in April because Jason has a conference and I told him if it is during Thunder to count me in! Let me know if you ever come here so we can get together.

Tiffany said...

OH MY GOSH! I had no idea about this move!!! And I was seriously beginning to wonder if you were even alive and if you had survived having two kids cuz its been so dang long since you posted and since I have talked to you!!! I miss you like crazy! I am happy that you guys made a move you feel good about and are so happy settling into life there! But I am sad that I wont get to see you when we are back in Az for the holidays :( I was really looking forward to that...Logan looks so happy in these pictures! I just love it! And Savannah has grown so much and is absolutely adorable! I miss you and your family! Tell Jared congrats on the new job! SO happy for you guys! :) xoxo